My family love salmon burgers! I love that this recipe is such an easy and quick family meal, especially on busy nights. For these, I typically make them the night before, while I am cleaning the kitchen. Then, we can just quickly reheat them in the oven, while we get the table ready and steam some vegetables.
You can find some great gluten-free buns, or these are even easy to serve without the bun. Toss on a salad with some sauce. I like sriracha, but your kids may want some simple mayo. I personally don’t have a sensitivity to gluten, but I do think that wheat is not a very nutrient dense source of carbohydrates, especially our standard refined bread, and when planning meals for myself and my family, my goal is nutrient density at each meal. So, I would rather have my calories coming from real food starches like squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots, or fruit. I personally would rather have a bunless burger and a side of baked sweet potato fries!
I try and fit some salmon into our diet on a regular basis. Salmon is a great source of Omega 3s, protein, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B12. Plus, the cauliflower adds magnesium and fiber. I’ve found that serving salmon in a burger form makes it more acceptable to even picky eaters too.
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 cup cauliflower (steamed)
- 2 TBSP parsley
- 2 pastured eggs
- 3 TBSP preservative-free mayo
- 3 TSBP coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic power
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 TBSP oil for cooking
1. Chop and steam cauliflower. Each piece of cauliflower should be 1/2 inch – 1 inch. To steam the cauliflower, boil about 2 cups of water in your steam, add your cauliflower, and steam for 7 minutes.
2. Remove cauliflower from the steamer.
2. Add cauliflower and ingredients except salmon to blender, and blend.
3. Add the salmon in large chunks and pulse. You want to incorporate the salmon while still keeping some texture in the burger.
4. Form 4 equal patties.
5. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
6. Bake the patties for 20 minutes at 350 F.
7. Serve on gluten-free bun or salad.