Do you ever feel like you don’t have time to cook? Do you just not want to cook?
Me too. As parents, we would love to have time to cook meals from scratch that are perfectly balanced and nutritious every single day, but that isn’t reality.
This past weekend, I was talking to a mom of 5 who works full-time and volunteers frequently with the Willow Tree Family Center, which is a local center for moms and babies. She talked with me about how she has no time to cook and is so tired at the end of the day that she doesn’t want to cook. She desperately wanted to have her family eat healthier. She said her family ends up eating take-out most days and doesn’t know if anyone in her family even eats a vegetable.
So, I started to think, what if I was someone who REALLY had no time to cook or didn’t want to cook? What would I feed my family? I thought of some of my go to meals when the meal plan doesn’t go as planned (we all have those days), and then, Noah and I went to the store to look for some healthy options.
These 4 options that I have laid out take less than 10 minutes each to put together and would cost LESS than take out. Most of these options cost less than $10 for a family of 4. To order pizzas, would cost at least $20.
All these meals have healthy protein, fiber, carbohydrates, and some source of produce (fruits and veggies).
Keep Reading or Watch Me Demo All for Easy Meal Ideas!
- Organic Rotisserie Chicken
- Steamer Bag of Carrots
- Natural Mashed Potato Packet
- Heat rotisserie chicken in the oven.
- Steam bag of carrots.
- Boil water, and stir in powdered mashed potatoes.
- Serve chicken, mashed potatoes, and carrots.
- Clean Plate Chicken Burger (pre-cooked)
- Against the Grain Gluten-Free Bun (or Udi’s Gluten Free)
- Steamer Bag of Cauliflower
- Organic Unsweetened Applesauce
- Warm up the chicken burger.
- Steam bag of cauliflower.
- Pour applesauce into a small bowl.
- Place burger on bun.
- Serve chicken burger, applesauce, and cauliflower.
- Egg Omelette
Ingredients for Omelette:
- Omelette additions: ham, bacon, cheese, spinach, tomato, broccoli
Ingredients for Smoothie:
- Fruit of choice: strawberries, banana, blueberries, pineapple, raspberries
- Nut butter (optional)
- Milk of choice
- Protein powder (I like collagen or bone broth protein)
- Heat a pan to medium heat and put 1 TBSP of butter into it.
- Scramble two eggs in a bowl and add any additions you want.
- Cook the eggs.
- In a blender, combine fruit, milk of choice, protein powder, and nut butter, and blend. Pour into a glass. (My favorite smoothie is 1 scoop chocolate bone broth protein, 1 banana, 1 cup almond milk, and 2 TBSP organic peanut butter).
- Serve omelette and smoothie.
- Egg Salad
- Blue Diamond Hint of Sea Salt Crackers (Gluten-Free)
- Baby Carrots
Ingredients for Egg Salad:
- 6 store-bought hard boiled eggs (found in deli section)
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo OR Full-fat organic, grass-fed plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Dice the hard boiled eggs.
- Mix the eggs with mayo (or yogurt), salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Wash grapes, and remove from the vine.
- For smaller children cut the carrots for easy chewing.
- Serve egg salad, grapes, carrots, and crackers.
Looking for more recipe ideas, check out our E-book!
Shop natural, organic, nutrient dense baby and toddler food at www.mama-bear-naturals.com