Kids love jelly, and we can’t blame them! It’s sweet and goes great with nut butter. However, there is an easy way to make your own without knowledge of canning or taking a ton of time. I love to make a batch of this healthy lunch option for kid sandwiches or top yogurt, crackers, or pancakes for a quick, nutritious snack.
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 3 cups strawberries
- 4 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- Cut the tops of the strawberries, and dice them.
- Place strawberries and honey in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mash the strawberries with a potato masher if you want a chunky jam, or blend the mixture if you like a smooth consistency.
- Mix in the chia seeds, and cook the mixture for another 15 minutes on low to thicken.