Easy, Quick, Healthy Snack or Treat for Kids
Homemade Larabar recipe for a fun, healthy snack treat for your kids!
I tried a recipe experiment this morning for Noah’s afternoon snack today, and it turned out great. WIthin one minute, I had blended some pitted dates and macadamia nuts in a blender cup, formed little logs, placed them in a container, and packed them in his lunch box.
So easy, quick, and healthy! Plus, this is much less expensive than buying the premade Larabars, and you can experiment with your kids favorite flavors.
Please share, and have a great day!
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup nut of choice (cashews, macadamia, etc.)
Note: If you choose unsalted the sweetness comes out more.
1. Measure 1/2 cup pitted dates and 1/2 cup nut of choice (cashews, macadamia, etc.)
2. Place ingredients in food processor or blender cup.
3. Pulse gently until you have created a chunky paste.
4. Scoop out large spoonfuls and form into small logs.
5. Wrap individually in saran wrap or store in airtight container.
Looking for natural, organic baby or toddler food, check out: mama-bear-naturals.com