Ever had to cut the crusts off your child’s sandwiches and not known what to do with them? I have a solution!
I modified the recipe found here.
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 cups cubed (1-inch) crusts of gluten-free bread or day old bread
- 3/4 stick grass-fed butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Whisk together coconut milk, pumpkin, coconut sugar, eggs, egg yolk, salt, and spice in a bowl.
- Toss bread cubes with butter in another bowl.
- Add pumpkin mixture and mix.
- Transfer to an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes until it is set.