Do your kids love chicken nuggets? Then, try this paleo, gluten-free recipe. They will love them!
Almond Flour Chicken Strips Recipe
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 lb pasture-raised chicken thighs
- 4 TBSP grass-fed butter
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place butter on a baking sheet and into the oven so that it melts on the baking pan. Pull the pan out of the oven once the butter melts.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1 inch thick strips.
- Place the almond flour and seasonings in a plastic bag.
- Add the chicken to the bag, and shake to coat the chicken.
- With the baking sheet, gently rock the pan so that the butter coats the whole surface.
- Place the chicken on the pan, and place the baking sheet back into the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then, flip the chicken strips onto the other side. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe
- 1 lb sweet potato
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Fill a large pot half full with water. Place the pot on the stove on high heat.
- While waiting for the water to boil, peel the sweet potatoes, and dice the potatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- Once the water is boiling, carefully add the potatoes to the water. Boil them for 10 minutes.
- After the potatoes have cooked, drain the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to a blender.
- Measure the coconut milk and pumpkin pie spice. Add them to the blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth.
For more ideas for healthy, easy family meals, subscribe for my FREE two week meal plan!
For ideas of how to feed your child nutrient dense food, check out my E-Book, A Recipe for a Healthy Baby.