Babies love sweet potatoes! Along with the coconut oil and cinnamon, this is a sweet, homemade baby food recipe for them while being nutritious. Whether you choose squash or carrots, your baby will get high amounts of the precursor to vitamin A, and with the healthy fat from the coconut oil, they will be able to convert it to vitamin A, which babies need ample amounts of as they grow.
- 1 lb carrots or butternut squash
- 4 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 TBSP grass-fed collagen (optional)
Note: If you can get all natural, organic ingredients.
1. For butternut squash – The easiest way to cook the squash is to cut the squash in half and place the halves in a baking dish that has 1/2 inch of water in the bottom. then, cook in the oven for 1.5 hours at 350 F.
For carrots – dice and boil in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. For the butternut squash, peel off the skin and cut into large chunks for the blender. You will want to do this once the squash has cooled to prevent burning your hands.
3. Add the vegetables (squash or carrots) to the blender, and blend with the cinnamon and coconut oil.
3. Spoon about a 1/2 cup or 4 oz of the food into a breastmilk bag. Flatten the bag, label with the date and description, and freeze.